Our Piasta Multi Metal Self-Drilling Screw has a stainless 18-8 head and a Steel Brill Point welded body.
The Piasta Multi Metal Self-Drilling screw steel point should penetrate through the steel profile it is being drilled into to ensure that only the Stainless – Steel portion of the thread meets the steel profile.
The steel drill point should always be drilled through the steel profile with a recommended drill speed of 1800 RPM.
- Maximum Drilling Capacity: With its hardened steel drilling point it can drill through steel up to 0.472” thick
- Maximum Corrosion Protection: With the exposed portion of the screw made of 18-8 Stainless it resists weatherization, chemical and atmospheric corrosion
- Eliminates Unsightly Rust: Coating the entire fastener with a high-grade ceramic coating, Ruspert Plus, aid in resistance to corrosive gasses and environmental stress such as acid rain and salt pollution
- Resists Galvanic Corrosion: Less contact corrosion to other metals
- Reduces Fastener Failures: Limits failure caused by corrosion related cracking or metal failure.